I dunno why I'm getting lazy to blog these days, especially when I supposedly have the time since I've just finished a project. Hmm, maybe it's partly because I just wanna keep things to myself or also maybe because I've been yappin' so much with MindReader; I get drained of the energy to yap some more on my blog.

Anyway, I was at the Paramore concert last week. It was great, though Araneta Coliseum would've been a better venue. There were no seats at the MOA (Mall of Asia) Concert Grounds, so everyone was just standing and milling around. That made it hard to get a good view no matter where you positioned yourself. Well, at least they had good monitors or whatever those things are called.

Callalily was their opening act, and though I'd normally like them (one of the few Filipino bands I kinda like), I didn't pay much attention to their performance. They didn't sound good live. Their instruments sounded like fingernails scratching a blackboard, and was that even singing? Kean does sound quite okay on the recorded stuff but really more like shouting when he was supposedly singing live -- kinda tuneless. Oh well, his "cuteness" didn't help at all. Anyway, they didn't get much response from the crowd who was just anxious for Paramore to come on already.

Haley's performance was superb, and though she was kinda screaming a lot, at least she was stil singing. I was just kinda disappointed that they didn't sing Hallelujah and We are Broken and also that Josh Farro wasn't there. Anyway, they did sing a lot of their popular songs, and it made for a great rockin' time.

As an epilogue so-to-speak, I'm just fascinated and qute amazed that even taxi drivers and tricycle drivers knew about Paramore and their songs. Not to be discriminatory or anything, but I just didn't see Paramore as the type of band who would appeal to such a wide range of audience. I pegged them to be a band that would appeal to the angstsy music lovers like myself :P

I was just browsing through my Manifestation Blog yesterday and realized that going to a Paramore concert was one of my "wishes". Well, that's one wish already come true.

0 comments: