It's funny how we seek answers about things and yet become prejudiced about the answers we get. Why do we seek answers if we can't accept them anyway? If we will still insist on what we believe in anyway? Is it because of our need for confirmation of the things we believe in? Is it because we need assurance that we're on the right path?

My friends know me for my curiosity. For some reason, people whom I meet can tell that about me right away. Maybe it's because I ask too many questions? I can also be "makulit" (persistent, insistent). Some people get annoyed that I ask too much while some -- and I think there are more of this -- find it amusing and are only too happy to indulge me. I guess the latter are mostly the people who like to talk and to answer questions, and I'm only too happy to listen...and to ask some more. It's fascinating how I do absorb a lot of the information I'm told. MindReader just mused (incredulously LOL) about how I remember everything -- maybe it's more of a female quality LOL.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of asking, listening, and absorbing. But I've sorta been getting somewhat contradictory information, and now the problem is understanding. Understanding which of this information is true or valid. I believe, too, that I've been getting bits and pieces of the answers I seek. While they do make sennse and my head's giving a vigorous nod, there's a voice from my gut feel that's screaming "No!"

Although I've gotten some enlightenment from a friend about the difference between intuitive and logical thinking, I'm still struggling to separate the two. Logic steps in so quickly that I don't even have time to process what my intuition is saying. Logic is able to rationalize it so well, but why is my gut feel still struggling to be heard above the loud reasoning of my logic?

I wonder if I'm just being stubborn to accept the obvious, or if my intuition is somehow justified in not wanting to shut up and stay mum. They say that in time all the puzzle pieces will fall into place, which will lead to an understanding of everything that is being and has been. So then I guess only time will tell. Until then, though, the silent war between my logic and intuition shall continue to rage.

0 comments: