I guess I can consider myself a very private person. Although my life's an open book, I don't exactly volunteer information about myself. It's an open book in such a way that when asked, I won't hesitate to tell the truth or to relate things about myself. However, I never blurt out information about myself. I never like being the center of attention. I've always been happy just being in the background. I guess I never needed the limelight to recognize my value as a person.

Lately, though, I've found myself having more and more conversations with MissMetaphor -- about things that I'd never share with anyone otherwise. It started with a lot of teasing. And just to prove my point, I was forced to come out of my shell.

With the shell now broken, there's really no way I can go back in, is there? So now I find myself sharing a lot of thoughts and musings with MissMetaphor. Not a bad thing, just awkward. Maybe it's just because I'm really not used to voicing out my thoughts. My deepest thoughts and feelings have always just been between me and God.

Anyhow, these conversations with MissMetaphor have been sort of enlightening. At least I get input from another person aside from always getting my input from me, myself, and I. Having someone else to talk to helps put some things into perspective, and maybe it's just good to get them out of my system.

It still feels awkward and quite uncomfortable at times, but the walls have been broken, and now MissMetaphor has no choice but to endure the flood of stories that are sure to come her way :P

0 comments: