I was having an online chat with Conservative Lady sometime last week. She's a friend who works overseas, and she had some time to go online last week, so we took it as an opportunity to catch up on things.

She mentioned that although she was doing alright, she felt that there was something missing -- and no, she didn't think it was a boyfriend LOL.

I told her I was feeling the same way a few months ago -- getting bouts of depression, crying for seemingly no reason at all. At the time, I came to a realization that maybe I should start going to church more regularly. In the past, I took inexplicable sadness to mean that God was nudging me to attend to my spiritual needs, too. In the past, attending even just one mass was guaranteed to cure my bouts of loneliness.

When I started regularly going to church again recently, it immediately made me a much happier gal, and I gave that advise to Conservative Lady. She was giving so many excuses why she couldn't go to church, but I urged her to try.

Even I had so many excuses before why I couldn't go to church -- until I had to drag myself there out of desperation. Again, if there's a will, there's a way. It's only sorta hard at first -- just because it's not part of your regular routine, but soon enough, it becomes something that you regularly seek.

It's true that no matter how well we are doing physically, emotionally, and mentally, we still have to attend to our spiritual needs. Unfortunately, these needs are not filled in by material and tangible things. Each one has their own way of nourishing the soul, but whatever it is, it's an aspect of our life we can't and shouldn't neglect.

Now, I actually look forward to going to church every week. Some friends before told me I have an addictive personality, and well, now my latest addiction is going to church :)

0 comments: