I had such a tiring week, and I can't understand why despite all my efforts to plan ahead, i still had to scramble in the end. Match that up with being struck by colds and nausea, and that had all the makings of an awful week.

I am a big believer in planning. Knowing what lies ahead helps me better organize the things I do, enabling me to make sure that I allot enough time for each. It seems I've been even busier since the start of this year. I've had to juggle my time among going to the office everyday, working on my freelance gigs when I get home, "leading" (???) a professional organization, spending time with friends and family, and doing errands among others -- oh, and of course, sleeping.

I have a lot of friends -- mostly guys - who say they don't plan ahead, that they take each day as it comes, that they live for the moment. Well, I really can't imagine living this way, and neither can I understand how they manage to live that way.

Sure, it's good to be relaxed and not get all stressed up about everything, but I've also read something that says you should be worried once you feel too comfortable or something like that, and I really believe this. It's when you're too comfortable and too complacent that you're caght off guard, and that can get things really messed up.

I guess it's part of my cynical nature that I make sure I never rest on my laurels. I make sure I'm always aware of the things going on around me in anticipation of possible problems. I never take anything for granted.

The awful thing is that no matter how alert and prepared I try to be, I still can't help falling victim to others' complacency and being the one to suffer for it.

Ugh! If you can't get your act together, can you at least spare me?









1 comments:

Reina said...

So interesting! I had to use Google Translate to understand your comment, but thank you so much! :)