Just had a long, but fun day yesterday...quite unusual for me on a Saturday. Anyhow, I felt I had a lot of things accomplished.

I was supposed to meet MissEngineer, but as expected (???), we never got to meet at all...LOL. Hmm, nothing new anyway :P

New LCD Monitor

My CRT monitor was about to go out completely. I was so scared and worried the other day coz I couldn't get my monitor to start up when I had some work to do. So before it completely died out on me in the middle of the night or in the midde of some critical work (hate when that happens), I just decided to buy a new one since I was at the mall anyway. I got a 20-inch Samsung LCD. It was quite pricey, but with HSBC's 0% interest promo or something, I decided why not? I'll be watching a lot of movies on my PC, too, so why not get a good-quality monitor? 

Condominium Dilemma

So I've been thinking about selling my Cambridge Village unit to buy another condo unit somewhere nearer Makati. Cypress Towers of DMCI was my prospect, so I went tripping there wth the DMCI agent I met some four years ago. Well, I only felt disappointment at the entire condominium.

For one, I really didn't dig what they call the Neo Asian design. The lines on the walls (whatever they call it) make the place seem claustrophobic for me. The model unit was also very small for its price, and it felt kinda gloomy. I just felt like getting out of there as soon as I could.

The only plus sides were that the unit had a terrace in the master bedroom and that it was nearer The Fort and the Makati CBD. However, I didn't feel at home there and really felt quite uncomfortable. The grounds were also quite unappealing, and they had much fewer amenities than Cambridge Village. It just didn't wow me.

I later went to Cambridge Village to check out the building where my unit was. I was glad to see it was nearing completion, but it still wasn't possible to go inside. I looked at the model unit again, and it instantly brightened my mood. Although I'd seen it before, it still wowed me. It felt more homey (homier? LOL), and I could imagine living there more. It's got more space, too, and the condominium's grounds felt more like somewhere I'd like to just hang out at to get some fresh air or something.

So that's settled. I'd no longer sell my Cambridge Village unit. I'd rather deal with the long commutes twice a day than go home to a cramped place that does nothing to cheer me up. 

Backstreet's Back!

Speaking of getting cheered, I had a perfectly awesome night at the Backstreet Boys concert. Unlike the rock concerts I usually go to where the guitars seem to overpower the singer's vocals, it was good to be at a concert where vocals were the main source of entertainment. Of course, it was also good to watch a group of performers who could sing and dance at the same time. Well, obviously, I have a lot of admiration for these guys.

It was also great fun just screaming and singing along with them. For an hour and a half, I was transported back to the euphoria of the good old days, and all the stress I've been feeling the past few weeks momentarily faded.

The music was great. They had a DJ instead of a full band. But bonuses were that Brian and Howie D. blew me kisses and they, together with AJ, waved at me...so exciting! Brian also gave out some roses to the audience, and during one of the short intermissions, one of the guys from their crew gave me a rose! :)

Admittedly, I would've been more excited about all these 15 years ago...LOL! But I still absolutely enjoyed it and would go see them again and again.


0 comments: