I can never understand why some people are so afraid of change and of coming out of their comfort zone.

I believe I'm a conformist and that I like sticking to proven ways, yet at the same time, I'm totally open to change. I believe that change brings some excitement with it -- excitement from something unknown or mysterious. Excitement over the challenges that will need to be overcome. And of course, they will be overcome -- but the excitement lies in the creativity and resourcefulness required in doing so.

Life will be so boring if we just stick to what we already know -- to what we're comfortable with. Yes, it's nice and cozy staying inside our shells -- our cocoons -- but how can we become butterflies if we refuse to come out?

I find it really frustrating when people resist change, even when the change is clearly for the better. And for what reason? For the fear of appearing ignorant? For the fear of appearing mediocre? But then, won't ignorance and mediocrity be all the more apparent if we refuse to adapt to new ways and adjust our mindsets to be open to new ideas?

Not knowing is not ignorance. Not being the best is not mediocrity.

It's being open. It's learning. It's growth.

Refusing to explore new possibilities, well...it's just stupid.

0 comments: