It amazes me how people go to such lengths to save themselves. What I really wanted to say was, to save their a?$!**.

I just realized recently that even people who you've thought all along were good people -- people whom you thought were incapable of doing anything bad -- would become very calculating, cunning, and manipulative just to protect themselves from things that -- most likely -- they've brought upon themselves.

This really makes me admire people who make mistakes but who are courageous and brave enough to own up to these mistakes and still have a positive outlook on things. I think that these are the truly good people -- people whose values and character do not change even in bad times. These are people who still have a clear  and strong understanding of their values even when it means that they will be humiliated, embarrassed, or accused.

It also made me realize that the spirit is too weak to stand up for what is right and that it's so much easier to go to the other side if it means redemption -- at any cost.

This really disappoints me and it shows again how naive I am. But then again, it also adds to my ever growing cynicism and distrust of the world.

I pray that I don't become one of these people who would put their personal interests above what's right and just -- no matter how successful or rich I get and no matter how bad  the situation I get caught in is.

I believe that honesty is the best policy. I believe that if you're honest in all your ways then you wouldn't have to resort to cunning and manipulative ways to preserve your dignity. I pray that I never forget this and that I don't get influenced by the growing number of people I know who get ahead in life through such ways. I pray that, although there are really only few good men left in this world, their influence would always get the better of me.

0 comments: