Today marks my first year at my current job. Although I immensely loved my previous job, I can say I have no regrets about making the move. I guess I'm at the best place I can possibly be right now.

Well, here's a low-down on the past year:

Hits (What I love about my job)
  • Superb HR and admin
  • Employee concerns are heard and addressed
  • Stress free.. for once, I actually have a life outside the workplace!
  • Loads of freebies! And food! =)
  • Employees are sinfully honest :P Well, most are anyway :p Like you can leave food in the ref for a week and be assured no one will get it.
  • Flexible rules

Miss (What I Miss, What Can be Better)
  • I can't figure out why I still don't have a new friend among my "new" office mates. In my previous job, I knew almost everyone despite the company's size being five to six times that of the company where I work now.
  • I miss teamwork! I especially miss the close bond I had with my former teammates. Only consolation is that I'm still in touch with them, and I know they'll be my friends for life! =)
  • I miss challenging tasks...the kind that squeezes the brains out :P
  • I miss the adrenaline high I get from completing a ton of tasks!
  • I miss the ego-bloating feedback I got from my SMEs LOL (I guess feedback isn't a big thing here :P )
  • I miss processes and order!
  • I miss attending trainings
Well, I guess no job is perfect and you can never really have everything you want (otherwise, life will be too boring, won't it?:P). I can only be thankful as I begin my second year with this job, and try to bring a more positive attitude into it.

0 comments: