My weekend was spent hanging out with friends. I don't really hang out much nor do I bother to meet new people, so it was really fun and comfortable to be around people with whom I can be myself.


Out With the Girls


Friday night I was out with three of my oldest (Does that go for age, too?:P Peace, girls! =) friends in Metro Manila. We try to meet every month, but for some reason, it's been more like every two months.

Although it didn't feel like two months since we keep in touch online anyway, it was still exciting to see them again. While sharing a huge slab of baby back ribs with them, I realized that some things never change.
  • HappySanta still raves non-stop over yummy food (It was delish alright!)
  • SexyMomma still entertains us with stories of her current boy toy.
  • MissEngineer is still the one tasked to compute how much each of us will pay for the dinner.
It was a night of silliness and gossip! (LOL) -- just catching up on each other's lives and those of our friends or people we know. Till next month!

Something Fun and Technical

The next day I attended GrowingBoy's focused group discussion for his thesis. Wow...it was very reminiscent of last year's STC event and made me daydream for a little while about how nice it would be to hold another STC event where people from our industry can just share stuff with each other -- in the hopes of learning something new or even just alleviating some of the frustrations that come with the job.
I was really happy for GrowingBoy. He was able to round up a good group of people for his FGD - everyone coming from diverse backgrounds. Most were familiar faces, but I at least got to meet 2 cool guys who'll make great additions to my network connections. Our world is small, after all, and it's not unlikely that I'll bump into these guys somewhere some time.
A few of us headed for dinner after the FGD, and it was great to again catch up with my dear friends. Although we often keep in touch online, it seemed there were still a lot of things to talk about. I think I was actually venting more than just updating them on what I've been up to. Really sorry if I rained down on anyone's parade, but I guess my friends have had some slightly wrong notions about me, and I felt that relating things about myself or my present condition helped them understand more why I did the things I did.
They noted that I complained about everything LOL. Thinking back, maybe I did complain a lot, and maybe I really should focus on the good things instead of my frustrations. Nothing and nobody's perfect after all. But no promises that I'd no longer vent on ASOP every now and then. After all, that's what it's for -- somewhere I can express myself.
To my friends, I'm glad to have you guys as my friends, and I hope to see you guys much more! :)

0 comments: