Just some updates about how I've spent the past few weeks...


Avatar

Went to see Avatar with the Engineer a few weekends ago. Tickets were already sold out at the iMax theaters, and rather than go alone, I agreed to settle for a 3D cinema in Glorietta. Well, the movie was actually good. Nothing new in the theme and I saw no "hidden messages," as the so-called hidden messages were pretty much what the movie was really about anyway.

The movie also showed that science can only do so much. CS and I were talking about cloning and how the souls cannot be cloned. But if the soul cannot be cloned, what becomes of cloned human beings? Are they merely robots? Who would want to be just a clone?

Anyway, apparently souls still can't be cloned even in movies. Even the fictional Na'vi people had to rely on their deities to breathe a soul into an avatar - a mere robot. Makes me wonder again why science is trying so hard to disprove things that are spiritual in nature.

Anoher thing I liked about the movie was that when it ended I felt that it was really the end. There was a sense of a "satisfying closure" that I don't get with other movies where I go "huh?"


O'Sonho

I and a group of girl friends had our supposedly monthly (more like every 2 months really) dinner, and this time we tried the Portuguese resto along Jupiter called O'Sonho. I was really curious about Portuguese food, which Infinite raved a lot about. Well, although O'Sonho's dishes were really a fusion of Portuguese and Filipino, I found the food really superb. I wish I could go back there except that, other than this group of girl friends, I don't really know anyone who's adventurous with food. My family only likes Filipino food. Bo-ring! Anyway, as Infinite says, I guess that authentic Portuguese food is available only in...Portugal :P

Aside from the food, I really had fun hanging out with my girl chums, especially with PrettyLady now joining our dinners. It was just so nice to hang out with old friends and reminisce about the good ol' days -- both about us and other people we know -- as well as talking about the current stuff.. and some girl talk that I didn't expect...woah!

Well, I really enjoyed the dinner and can't wait for the next one. Wonder where SexyMomma will take us next?:P


Cambridge Village

With all the negative news I've been hearing about Empire East Land Holdings, and Cambridge Village in particular, I and the Engineer (She recently bought a unit there) decided to pay the condominums a visit just to make sure that our supposed units are really there and are not just imaginary :P

The Engineer's unit is already done, and it looks really nice. I'm so excited for her. The building that houses my unit is still being completed, but I hope it gets done before June! I'm really excited to move in!

We looked at the model units, and I'm now getting so many ideas on how to decorate mine :) Rather than hire an interior decoratior, I've agreed to let the Engineer take care of designing my unit, for a meager professional fee of P100/ square meter... LOL!

My only problem there is its distance from the Makati CBD. However, it's pretty near The Fort and near Ortigas, Eastwood, and the TechnoHub. I'm sorta thinking about selling the Cambridge Village unit and buying a unit in Taguig. However, Taguig is close only to Makati and the Fort and might be really far from the other areas. Since this will most likely be my permanent residence (until the US visa  comes at least), I do have to consider these things, especially since I might not always be working in Makati.

Anyhow, I think I'll be pretty happy living in Cambridge Village if I don't find a better solution to my commuting dilemma. And no.. buying a car is out of the quesion...LOL!

1 comments:

Reina said...

Glad you like it! :) Nice to meet you too :)