Recent studies show that the human body doesn't really need eight hours of sleep to feel rested and re-invogarated. They say that all that talk about having at least eight hours of sleep is mostly just media hype.
They say that people need different amounts of sleep but that  most get by on six hours of sleep. One constant advise they give is to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday.


This week, I have been consistently (but unintentionally) going to bed at around midnight and waking up at around 5AM. Surprisingly, I feel rested -- more rested than getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep where I sleep and wake up at random times. The latter actually made me feel more sluggish. Another thing is that I no longer wish for coffee first thing in the morning.


This is not to say that I'd no longer sleep in during the weekend (LOL!), but I guess it does help to maintain a consistent sleep pattern during the work week, especially when I have tons of things to do and only so much time left for sleeping.

0 comments: