The company I work for just celebrated the 10th anniversary of its Philippine office. We had a small program where long timers (employees for 5 or more years) were recognized, and the history of the company was recounted. Of course, it wasn't without some delish food.

Although I could not totally relate to everyone's sentiments, being a new employee, it was quite touching to see how the company progressed from its very humble beginnings, and how many of its first employees are still around.

One thing I really appreciate about this company is how much they value their employees -- and it's not just all talk either. They actually do something to care for their employees' welfare. Already, they've added to our benefits this year, and they're good with doing small things to show their appreciation to their employees. They may be small things, but they're definitely better than just being taken for granted.

Although company loyalty has long died in me, I am not surprised to see why my colleagues stay loyal to this company. And if the spirit of company loyalty would ever be rekindled in me, this company would definitely be the right one to give that loyalty to.

0 comments: