When something seems too good to be true, it probably is. It's kinda wAdd Videoeird how we complain about the imperfections of someone or something, but when something seems perfect, it makes us suspicious, too.

Call me cynical but I'm never too quick to fall for niceties. People who are way too nice make me suspicious. In the same manner that I don't take compliments to heart. With me, I let compliments in to one ear and out the other. I must be really cynical, but it's really hard to tell if a compliment's sincere and true or not. It's so easy to lie about something like compliments, as we know that it's something that the other person wants to hear.

For me, what I take to heart are the criticisms -- of course, if they're valid and are given in a positive way. I think that criticisms are more sincere, since one wouldn't say them unless they were true. Plus, it takes a lot of guts to say these, as we often fear offending. So when someone criticizes me, I believe that it's true and important; otherwise, the other person wouldn't go through all the trouble of imparting that information.

That said, I always question people's motives. Paranoia? Maybe, but I don't think so. Probably just being realistic. Being too guarded? I guess so. Betrayal of trust is something that really leaves a mark in me. Once someone betrays my trust then i totally forget about that person. I put them in my invisible non-person book. Mean? Maybe, but better that than be wronged again.'

There's a verse in the Bible that says if a person fools you once, he's the fool. But if a person fools you twice then you're the fool. We always say that we should learn from our mistakes, and maybe the way we deal with people and our experiences with them (even on a one-on-one basis) is something we should include in our lessons learned.

In this particular situation, my intuition proved me right again. I received this personality reading of sorts before that said that I have a knack for determining people's motives, and I think this is quite true, as I'm usually proven right. However, stubborn as I am, I often try to ignore what my intuition tells me. I often insist that maybe I'm wrong to doubt someone... until sometimes, it becomes too late.

In this particular case, though, I'm glad that it wasn't too late when I got to affirm what my intuition told me. Thanks to some "external forces" (for lack of a better term), all my hunches were proven right. However, this is an instance when I'm not happy to be right. I really wish I was wrong, but I guess it's better to have found out about it now than later.

And so life goes on...

0 comments: