I have always been reluctant to listen to Paramore's album. I had a feeling my eardrums were gonna break if I did. Plus the lead singer's red hair in the Business of Misery music video sort of blinded me (haha), giving me the impression that they were too hard rock.

However, I got really interested in them after really digging their song Decode, from the soundtrack of the movie Twilight, so I decided to give their album a listen. I was also kinda hoping Decode would be in their album.

Well, the soundtrack hit isn't in their album, but I surprisingly love their music. They don't sound that edgy after all. They're an emo band but have an upbeat tune despite the emotional lyrics. They even sound almost pop (or too pop?) -- a bit of angst and a bit angry yet not that obviously :P Anyway, I'm totally addicted to their tunes and their album has become part of my daily must-listens.

Others I currently listen to on my ipod include the following:


  • Pussycat Dolls (Doll Domination). Very pop and upbeat. Good for when I'm in a good mood :P
  • Britney Spears (Circus). Very Britney. Love the mellow tunes. At least I'm hearing more good stuff about her now. Seems like she's finally getting her act together!
  • David Cook (David Cook). Finally, the long wait's over! The album's good, but I think I l like the unreleased album Analog Heart better. His official debut album is kinda too pop for him. I think I still like Chris Daughtry's album better, BUT I still love David more! :)
  • David Archuleta (David Archuleta). Very nice pop-R&B tunes. Very relaxing. Good for the easy-listening mood yet upbeat enough to not make you wanna fall asleep. I just wonder if Archie even feels any of the things he's singing about. I think the lyrics are a little too mature for him. Also worth checking out is his duet with Kara Dioguardi... love her!
  • The Script (The Script). Pretty nice album, I guess. I like the lyrics, but I can't quite get into their music yet. Anyway, it's worth checking out!
  • Katy Perry (One of the Boys). She has weird and funny (kinda shallow) lyrics, but I find her music infectious. A bit addicted to it actually.. she's got her own style, quite unique.. plus I think she's really pretty.
  • Rihanna (Good Girls Gone Bad). I've never been into R&B much, but I decided to listen to Rihanna's album just because I was running out of new stuff for my ipod and because I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. Surprisingly, her album is now one of my favorites. Very upbeat tunes, yet I can really relate to some of the things she sings about.


0 comments: