From his audition for the 9th season of American Idol, I immediately liked Adam Lambert and knew he would be someone I'd watch out for in the show.

I'm soooh glad he made it to the Top 12. I'll definitely be rooting for him! My new AI star, after Blake Lewis and David Cook. Well, I don't know yet if Adam's as original as David and Blake, but he's definitely a good singer. He has a wide range of vocals. I bet he won't have any trouble no matter what the week's theme is. And he's from theater, too, just like David, so I'm sure he'll sail along if they're ever made to sing Broadway or the big band.

Of course, not to be missed is his good looks, which is always a plus when you're in a popularity contest. Besides, let's face it... the most popular artists are those with the talents and the looks (sad but true). Yeah, he does look like a cross between Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance and Kyle Patrick of The Click Five, both my favorites. But I knew he looked more like someone else, and I just realized he looks like Joe Jonas (eew? LOL). Anyway, I'm glad he didn't wear (too much) eyeliner in his last performance. The eyeliner makes him look gayish (no offense, sisters! Peace! =) ), but gosh, I hope he's not gay! Well, gay or not, I'll still support him 'cause he's really got great potential.

Go, Adam! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the most popular artists are those with the talents and the looks (sad but true).

--sa mga manyakis like you lang totoo yan. nakita mo na ba si Seal? 50 cent? looks lang. wag na magpanggap please. :p

Reina said...

I didn't say looks lang. I said that good lucks are a "plus". Let's face it. Although both talented, Reuben Studdard is definitely not as popular as Chris Daughtry and David Cook, and Fantasia isn't as popular as Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

Besides, who says that Seal's not good-looking? He is, after all, married to Heidi Klum, one of the top models, and has had models for girlfriends in the past. I think that scar just adds to his appeal. And even 50 Cents has the look that apeals to the hip hop crowd. I don't think that mlodel-type good looks will appeal to hip hop fans.

I'm just saying that looks, appeal, charisma or however you wanna call it add to an artist's marketability. This is a reality even with other commodities. Packaging tends to matter, and even the AI judges consider this when determining contestants for the show.

But thanks for reading my blog! Peace! =)