Once again, it irks me how some people can be so malicious. It seems some people delight in seeing others' downfall or even causing it.

It's true that envy is one of the deadly sins. Envy spawns many more types of sins -- both in thoughts and deeds. I'm not trying to be a moralist, and it's not like I'm perfect myself, but envy and jealousy are words that are not in my vocabulary. Sure, there are times when I get just a bit envious or jealous of others, but I take these as a motivation to better myself or to try to achieve what others have. In the event, though, that I don't meet these goals and be like the people I admire then it should not be a big deal. I would never wish them ill just because I can't be like them or can't have what they have.

What I don't understand is how some very successful and smart people can let things like envy and insecurity consume them. Why can't they just be satisfied with what they have? Why do they have the need to pull others down when they're not even being done any harm? I did mention that these people are successful and very smart -- truly excelling in their careers and stuff. I was about to add "respectable" to that list, but I quickly changed my mind. The fact they can be envious and think maliciously of others -- and even spread this malice -- goes to show that despite all the success, skills and wealth (maybe?) that they have, the one thing that they obviously don't have is character. With this comes respectability, credibility and integrity.

No matter how smart these people are, they tend to "sacrifice" good character and their credibility for the sake of bringing others down. Now how smart is that? Throwing or implying unfounded accusations is definitely not smart, and spreading lies or malicious "half-truths" about others is disgustingly low, I don't even know why I'm wasting my time fuming -- and writing -- about them. Well, I guess I just need to get this out of my system.

I believe that what goes around comes around. Even I am taught some lessons by karma, and so after I write about this, I'll happily move on and just let karma teach these people whatever lessons they need to learn.

0 comments: