I was told things can turn out really well BUT that there would be tests along the way.

This is just the first test, and already I feel like giving up. I don't think I have the strength for this, and to think that this is supposed to be easy compared to the tests that are yet to come. Is it even worth all the trouble?

But then, who ever said tests were easy? Especially life's tests where there are no books that you can read in preparation. There are no phrases or words that you can memorize to ensure that you ace the test. There are no equations to hep you come up with the solutions.

In life's tests, not only do you need to figure out the whats, whys, whens, and hows on your own. It seems you must also have super strength to surpass them -- strength of will, spiritual strength, mental, and maybe even physical strength.

No wonder so many drop out of school. It seems not facing these challenges (tests) is much easier. Why bother stressing yourself out when you can probably get by just fine even if you drop out?

I have always loved challenges and the fulfillment that comes from overcoming them. When it comes to life's tests, however, it seems so tempting to just not deal with them. I'd like to think that I'm not a quitter, but i can't help thinking that maybe dropping out and not taking these particular tests for now would be the better option.


(I stopped writing here...)







I would end this blog entry at that, but no... I don't think I can be at peace with myself if I just give up. After all, if people easily give up in the face of adversities then we wouldn't have gone to the moon or reached the peak of Mount Everest.

I know I'm just rationalizing -- looking for reasons not to give up, but it's darn hard. I pray that God gives me the strength, the will, and the guidance to help me pass these tests...

0 comments: