I was talking to a friend yesterday, and I was glad to have shared stuff with her. I usually don't share personal stuff with others -- close friends or not. Another friend said I was secretive. I didn't think so at the time, but thinking about it now, I guess I am. I would like to think I'm pretty open, especially since I'm a strong advocate of truth and honesty, but I guess I'm just not into volunteering information. I never like being the center of attention or being in the limelight and would definitely avoid talking about myself for nothing. Of course when asked, or especially when prodded, I would readily answer in most cases.

I mostly like keeping personal things to myself, though. They're just between me and God. Besides, I'd like to avoid spreading the negative vibe as much as possible.

Anyway, I was so glad I braved it enough to share this particular inner conflict with my friend. She gave such superb advice, and I was really enlightened! Key message: Take it one day at a time.

Yeah, easier said than done just because I don't really know how to take it one day at a time. It seems whenever I wake up in the morning, it becomes hard to just focus on that day. Always, I feel being smothered by not only the present day but by the next days, weeks, months and maybe even the far future.They come to me all at once that they overwhelm me, making it harder for me to deal with my current issues.

I'm so glad and grateful for my friend's advice on how to "literally" take things one day at a time. It seems so simple, yet it makes so much sense, and it does effectively remove that overwhelmed feeling, making it easier to just focus on that single day, each day at a time.

Another message is to be open minded. This is the same advice I got from another friend. Another easier said than done thing, but I guess that in this day and age, it does no good to stick too much to conservative ideals and traditional thinking. With the rest of the world moving forward into modern ways of thinking, I will only be left behind and left feeling uncomfortable if I don't learn to adapt.

It's true that the mind's so powerful, and how "it's all in the mind". The way we perceive things can make a lot of difference in how we feel about things and ourselves and even the peace of mind we get. This friend had another advice about not reacting so quickly to things...another mind-conditioning habit I should develop.

Well, you know who you are... thanks a WHOLE lot for the words of wisdom!

0 comments: