I was talking to KJ again, and he was telling me to trust myself, to trust my feelings -- that is, the first, and not the second, third, or fourth. To prove his point, he gave me some tests and the results were quite remarkable.

I have always been intrigued by the mind and the powers of the mind. I have become more interested, especially in the esoteric, because of HappySanta. Well, KJ wasn't the first person to tell me that I was "gifted" with these abilities, too. And as such, he encouraged me to trust my feelings more.

My friends know how overly gullible I am, and it's so ironic how I can easily believe what they tell me -- no matter how preposterous they may be -- and yet I find it hard to believe in myself, what my feelings tell me. There have been countless times when I have sensed things, which later proved to be valid, but I usually peg those down as women's intuition. Whenever I sense something, I usually try to find logic in it, and if I can't then I just disregard it as silly thinking or even paranoia.

While I would never try or want to develop these "abilities" -- if indeed there are any (I would consider them to be more of a burden than a gift) -- I should probably try to trust myself more. There have been times when that voice in side me speaks too loudly to be ignored, but perhaps I should listen in even when that voice is a bit feeble. Call it intuition, God's guidance, or common sense, I think everyone's gifted with the ability to discern what's good for themselves and what's not. Maybe it's just time for me to start tuning in more.

0 comments: