Everything seemed like a dream -- a dream that was real nonetheless. When things are going so well, we tend to be oblivious of the world around us, and we tend to forget that anytime we can wake up from this dream or that dream can end without any conclusion, as another dream -- better or worse -- starts.

I have anticipated this. My cynical self has constantly reminded me that no matter how well things seem to be going, something wrong's bound to happen sooner or later. I refused to let anything burst my bubble, though. I continued to sorta be "in denial" that things can and will go wrong.

Well, my bubble burst much sooner than I expected or wanted it to, and no amount of anticipation could have prepared me for this. It's never easy to deal with it when it's actually already there. It's reality stepping in and waking me up from my beautiful dream, yet telling me that my dream can continue after I awake, but not without a lot of work and pain.

Even paradise gets hit by storms. Nothing will be beautiful and good at all times. There will always be things that will rock your boat. But do I just get off paradise because it's been destroyed by the storm, or do I work hard to restore it, preparing it for yet another storm?

Giving up and moving on is always the easy way out, but is it always the best? I don't expect perfection because there's no such thing, but for those who expect it, should they just give up just because things didn't or won't happen the way they want them to?

I am not perfect, and I will never strive to be perfect -- again, because there is no such thing. I am just being real, but something real -- with flaws and all -- would still be better than a fantasy that would only stay in your head.

0 comments: