I came across this rock band called Powderfinger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powderfinger) a few weeks ago. Powderfinger's an Aussie band, and apparently, they're big in Australia. I tried listening to their album Dream Days At The Hotel Existence, and I really liked their songs, especially the mellow Wishing on the Same Moon and the catchy Ballad of a Dead Man.

I wonder why I've never heard of them before, or why they don't get any airplay here. Or maybe I'm just not a radio listener? I know I'm familiar with Silverchair, one of their contemporaries. But no, they don't sound like Silverchair. Their sound is akin to the 80's slow rock or this age's adult contemporary music with a touch of country (maybe?).

Anyway, their music's great. I just wish they'd get played on MTV Asia/Philippines at least.

0 comments: