I guess I use my cynicism as a defense mechanism. Even when things are going well, I try to think of things that can and will go wrong just so I don't get too attached and so I can brace myself for anything unpleasant that might happen.

In this particular instance, however, I can't seem to find anything that would burst my bubble. No matter how I try to think of the bad things that can possibly go wrong, the good things that it brings now somehow outweighs the prospect of an "ugly" turnout. Things just seem so good and so right, so why ruin it?

I guess this is one time when I'll just put my cares aside and just bask in the moment. Should things come to a shattering end (my cynical self back already? :P ), at least I would've enjoyed every second of what I have now and no ending can take that away from me.

0 comments: