My cellphone has not been alerting me of messages for weeks. I did get text messages, but I wouldn't know I had some until I opened my inbox. I just didn't bring it to the repair shop 'cause I was too lazy for that and just wanted to figure it out on my own first.

I tried reinstalling the firmware (as Master Job calls it :P ) to no avail, so I did some research and found out that it was a problem not only with the N73 but with other models as well. Anyway, it seemed to be a memory problem, so I deleted all of the contents of my Inbox (haven't deleted in a long time!) and voila, the message alerts came back.

I wonder why Nokia can't just display a message like No space for new messages like it did with older models.

Other bugs in the N73 and possibly other NSeries models:
  • There's no Check Operator message like in older models. All along you thought your message got sent, but was not, and you wouldn't even know if it was a network problem or something else.
  • When you get a message from a new number then you save the number, the message you got still won't display the name you just saved.

Wonder if there are solutions to these.

Other Techie Stuff:

I really don't consider myself a techie. I''m afraid to tinker with things, as every time I do I end up making the problem worse! I'm so glad I have my younger brother to fix things like hardware stuff and friends to help me figure out the solution to something. Master Job was complaining that he shouldn't be giving me free tech support services anymore since we're no longer office mates (I previously made a comment that he shouldn't be teasing me anymore as we're no longer office mates:P ), but fortunately, he's such a good friend so thanks a bunch! Thanks to the friends, too, who help me out even with games...lol.

So anyway, here goes...

  • My dad got me an ipod dock, and I really love it. Sounds better than my stereo. Hmm, maybe I just have a lousy stereo, though it works great when I play a DVD. Anyway, having the ipod dock sure beats having to pop in a new CD every now and then.
  • I also asked my dad to buy me a connector (or whatever you call it) so I can watch movies from my ipod on TV. I know I'm too old to be asking my dad to buy me stuff, but he wants to, so why not?:P Anyway, when I connect the ipod to my TV, I get a vertical split screen even when I convert the movie file for the TV size. I've read that it only works with an Apple connector. Hmm, how was I to know that Apple works only with Apple? So I mihght have to buy another connector, or just watch the numerous movies Let gave me on my PC *sighs*. Ideas, anyone?

0 comments: