I once told a friend that I deprive myself of beautiful things for fear of losing them. Indeed, this was an approach I had to most things in life. I always tend to worry about destroying something or how something nice will come to an end that I fail to enjoy it while it's there. I fail to appreciate the value of things as fear always consumes me.

I think it's time for this to change, and sure enough I've been slowly working my way to being more carefree and just living for the moment. I have a friend who always says he never thinks too far ahead and that he just lives for the moment. I used to find this a little too "happy-go-lucky", maybe even a bit irresponsible or uncaring. But I've been realizing that it does no good to worry too much either. The future may not even be how I picture it now. Things can change so fast, and all my worrying may end up being for nothing.

So now I'm just going with the flow. Breathe in life and appreciate the things and people around me for what and who they are. Regardless of how things turn out, at least I will have had these moments to treasure and store in my book of good memories.

0 comments: