I just got home from church, and I was wondering why I had nothing much to say to God. I realized that it's so much easier to talk to God when I'm sad or have a lot of problems. Words come so easily then, what with my litany of complaints and favors to ask. Is this why people forget to pray when they're doing well?

Well, I realized that maybe I felt like I didn't have much to say to God just because all I really had to say was "thank you" and that I loved Him. I don't think I need half an hour to say that. Besides, God knows what's in our hearts even before we say anything. I guess prayers are more for us - because we always look for something tangible for us to believe it. Prayer is our "tangible" way of communicating with God. I believe, though, that words are not even necessary to communicate with Him. I, for one, feel Him around me, and I know He knows what's in my heart though I'm not so prayerful lately.

I guess I don't have much to complain for now. Sure, my life can always be better, but then there's no end to man's dissatisfaction. I guess I'm learning to be contented with what I have and what I can have for now. There's really no use in pining for things that are out of my reach. Besides, I know God will give me whatever's for me, and there's just no use in stressing about things that just can't be.

0 comments: