A friend recently encouraged me to be more active on Facebook. She actually "jump started" my Facebook experience by suggesting common friends and by showing me the ropes. Until then, I was really lazy to explore Facebook. I could hardly keep up with my emails as it is, and my Friendster account is awfully neglected. Another friend complained that I hadn't accepted her invite on Friendster. I think she sent another invite, but I have yet to accept it (sorry!).

Anyway, I now understand why the craze about Facebook. Now I kinda wish I'd joined sooner. It's much more interactive than other social networking sites, but what I love most about it is that it makes it so much easier to keep in touch with old and distant friends/colleagues. I'm surprised to be hearing even from colleagues from two jobs back.. wow!!!

It still takes time, though, for it to become fun and worthwhile. And now it seems kinda confusing because I got status updates on Twitter and status updates on Facebook. Then I've got people commenting on my blog on Facebook and then on Blogspot! It's becoming a tangled web of information :P

I generally like things to be simple and uncomplicated. Although I can be quite maarte (fussy), I usually prefer things to be simple and straightforward. This prevents confusion, and with all the daily nitty gritty of life, I don't want to add any unnecessary confusion to it.

Admittedly, all these social networking sites confuse me, so I never really got into them. But since I've got plenty of time on my hands and for the sake of keeping in touch with all my wonderful friends, I'll do my part to keep the lines of communication open.

0 comments: