My weekend was bathed in melancholy. I hadn't been that sad in ages, and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it was because Infinite would be away, or maybe because of what Dawn said. Or maybe it was because I missed my nephew's birthday celeb due to a change in plans. Or maybe because I was under the weather. Was catching the colds, which fortunately didn't develop into full-blown colds (for lack of a better term?). Or maybe it was the dread of going back to a boring a job after a couple of days. Or maybe it was just that time of the month. Or maybe I just need to go to church more often. Letlet was teasing me that I was turning into a non-practising atheist...no way!

Or maybe it was all of the above? They say that an idle mind is the devil's playground, and with my awfully boring job and with nothing much to do over the weekend, it all just came crashing on me, I guess...aargh!

To try to cheer myself up, I tried to watch some feel-good movies. I finally got to start on the stash of movies Letlet has copied to my external hard-drive and I downloaded some more sappy stuff. Hmm, didn't really help much, but it was fun watching movies nonetheless. For some reason, my DVD player isn't working (need lil bro to look in on that), so I made do with watching on my PC.

But I think the culprit was mainly what Dawne said and advised. Sound advice, though pretty hard to implement. Once again, I'm overwhelmed by uncertainties of the future and what they entail. Following that advice is sorta like the "moment of truth" but I guess it's better to face the truth now than later. It also just emphasized more what the situation was and what it called for. Dawne's advice is the logical path to take, but it just scares me to death! Well, I guess I'll have at least a few days to muster the courage.


0 comments: