This is the last installment for the What's on My Ipod? entries. These ones are mostly greatest hits albums and some not-so-new ones, which I got as freebies from the BMG website and from my dad :P

Blink 182 (Greatest Hits). Listening to this album transports me back to the early 2000s and makes me remember how things were then. Hmm, this is not really a sentimental album, but I guess Blink 182 was one of the firs rock bands who got into the emo thing. I was never really a fan and never bought an album during their heydays, but this one's a great collection of their hits, some with heartfelt lyrics and some just plain silly and funny :P
Coldplay (Parachutes; A Rush of Blood to the Head; X&Y). It's great listening to Colplay's hits, but I can't stand listening to them for hours at a time. I find their albums to generally be snoozers -- definitely not something I'd want to listen to if I want to perk myself up. Of course, this is still a good addition to my collection, and it's a good listen especially when you're in relaxing mode.
Green Day (American Idiot). Sure, I liked a lot of Green Day's songs, but I'd never dreamt of owning or even listening to an entire album just because I found them sorta "scandalous" or vulgar in their music style and messages. Jesus of Suburbia (the song and the video), for one, left me in a state of shock (so-to-speak) for a long time. But then my dad told me he had this album of Green Day, so I was, like, if my dad actually digs Green Day then why can't I? So I asked for his copy of this album, and surprisingly, I really liked it! Not as bad as I thought -- not at all...
Paula Abdul (Greatest Hits: Straight Up!). Yeah, I really loved Paula Abdul's music back then. Unfortunately, I could no longer find a lot of my albums after the 1990 earthquake (our house was a mess after that -- another story entirely LOL), so I was glad when I saw that I could get this album for free from the BMG website. All my faves are here. I was especially delighted that it includes the song Will You Marry Me, which I don't think was in the albums I had of her. I found this song cute then, and I still found it cute, now :P (And I can almost hear Merl giggling :P)
Roxette (A Collection of Roxette Hits). Another one of my old favorites and another one lost in the rubbles after the quake. Just great to go back to the good old days :)
Tiffany (Greates Hits). Hmm, I think she was the Cristina Aguilera of her time (Debbie Gibson being the Britney Spears of her time :P ). I really loved her then, and this album's just a great addition to my collection. Too bad the BMG site didn't have a Greatest Hits album of Debbie Gibson, though. I would've liked to have that more! :)


0 comments: