Just got back from a five-day break. Not that I really needed the break, given that my life is pretty stress-free right now in terms of work. In the past years, I always looked forward to breaks in order to rejuvenate -- physically and mentally.

This time, the break was -- more or less -- just a chance to get away from it all. LOL. Yeah right, as if I went anywhere. Well, I just stayed holed up at home. But I guess this time gave me a chance to do other things that are different from what I usually do (I can hear Merl and Job exclaiming, "Facebook???" Well Facebook is relatively new to me, and I did a bunch of other things, too, so there :P) and to think of things I don't usually think about.

I tend to think a lot. Even while I'm multitasking, I'm still thinking about other things. Well, I was still thinking a lot during my so-called break, but at least I was thinking about other things.

Some of my realizations:
  • Stop thinking too much. Sometimes it's okay to be impulsive and just do something. No holding back.
  • I don't have to know everything. Maybe being surprised -- pleasantly or otherwise -- is good. Maybe sometimes ignorance is bliss.
  • Distancing ourselves from things helps us better see things in perspective.
  • In time, all the puzzle pieces will fall into place.
  • God will always take care of me :)
Well, while the five-day break was quite fun and restful, I was starting to get bored, and although I find my job quite boring too, prolonging my break any more would probably start to drive me crazy. So I'm glad to get back to work, with my energy back to full bar.



0 comments: