I'm no Miley Cyrus fan, but her song The Climb kinda perfectly describes what I'm going through.

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

So many times, thoughts of giving up play in my mind, yet I again got reassurance that things will be good -- in time.

But time can either be a friend or foe. I know and believe that things happen at the right time and that rushing things might just ruin them all the more. However, so many things can happen while waiting for that time. I, for one, am not a very patient person. When I want something done, I want it done as soon as possible. Patience is a virtue I'm still trying to develop. It's also hard to believe that things will turn out okay in the end when the present indicates otherwise, which can make you give up before the right time comes.

"Like a tree, you should grow roots to become strong and solid", says KJ. Maybe that's what time is for -- to allow the roots to grow.

Be strong and understanding.

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Perhaps this is the climb that I have to make to get to where I wanna be, at the same time helping me grow stronger. It's easier said than done, though. When the negativity and doubts surround me, I tend to forget that things will be alright and tend to focus on just the now. I pray that I can always stay strong enough to hold on and not try to run away, and that I can be understanding enough to put others before myself, yet still being firm and taking a stand on my values and beliefs.

"Carry on", KJ says. Getting reassured and gaining insight on the whys, what's and how's of things serve to boost my courage, re-energizing me to continue the climb.

0 comments: