Count your blessings, they say. With all the daily struggles we face, it seems that all we ever get from life are problems. With the fast-paced world we live in and the busy schedules we have, we often neglect to appreciate the good things around us and even the blessings we receive. We tend to take them for granted and focus our energies on the resolution of one problem after another.

A few years ago, I made it a practice to stop and think of the major blessings that I received in the previous month. I would ask myself, "What was God's surprise for me last month?" And sure enough, I always came up with good things that happened to me in that month, which assured me that indeed, blessings come my way and that God does look after me at all times.

However, I got so busy with my job and up to now, I've never been able to continue this "practice". My mind had always been filled with thoughts of deadlines, the bills I had to pay and the many details of life I had to deal with that, although I always took time to thank God, I wasn't really sure what I was thanking Him for.

So starting this month, I'm going to start literally counting my blessings again, and post them on this blog (if it can be shared;)). Although we receive blessings everyday -- in small, big, ordinary, or extraordinary ways --- I'll only be posting the major ones to ensure they're special -- sorta like the ice cream flavor of the month, topped with chocolate bits, marshmallows and what-have-yous =)

First project completed. Last month (June), Cobra, the product I was documenting, was finally released. Although there were a lot of frustrations along the way, I'm so glad it's finally out the door, and now I'm gearing up for my next project Mako (according to my teammate, this is a type of shark -- yeah, our company obviously loves using animals as code names for their software products/releases :P). Mako is a business intelligence software, and I love business intelligence software products, especially since I also worked on one in my previous job.

Some me time. The completion of my project gave me a lot of "lull" time at work, allowing to give some time to pamper myself. I finally got to go for that haircut and facial and that long overdue dental appointment.

Hmm... I wonder what God has in store for me this month :)

0 comments: