3 Doors Down (3 Doors Down). This album sounds very consistent with their previous album(s). A good listen if you're into adult contemporary music -- easy listening rock with lyrics you can relate to.

New Kids on the Block (The Block). My dream come-back album :) Yes, I was a huge fan back in the days -- being an official fan club member, collecting all sorts of New Kids stuff and the like LOL. Well, this album doesn't sound much like their albums then, which I think is quite apt since they're much older now. This album has more of the R&B groove, with lotsa dance tracks and having the sexy vibe. I'm really more into rock and emo now, but this is still a great one. I just hope this wasn't a one-off thing to make some quick cash :P

Plus One (Exodus). I got this CD for free from a BMG website, thinking it was anything like their first album (with hits Last Flight Out and Here in My Heart), but this album sounded surprisingly different -- more rock and more Christian than their previous album. It turned out that by this time (this album was released in 2003), the group of five has become three and they've decided to veer away from mainstream pop and shift their music to rock -- well, sorta like pop-rock. Anyway, songs from this album take some time to get used to, and I still like Hillsong United and Jars of Clay better, but this one's a good listen and lyrically rich, too!

Secondhand Serenade (A Twist in My Story - Deluxe Edition). I've been listening to this album for over a year now, and I still can't get enough! This has basically just a few tracks added to the regular album -- quite redundant really, but something you won't mind if you're a fan :P A new additional track here is John Vesely's rendition of Coldplay's Fix You. It seemed the right song to cover at first, but I was a bit disappointed because John's acoustic version of sorts sounded a lot like the original, but I guess there was really nothing much he could do with the song -- geez, I'm starting to sound like Simon Cowell LOL.

Taylor Swift (Fearless). I totally love this girl...as in TOTALLY! I can listen to her all day everyday :) Of course, I try to restrain myself from doing that, as there are so many more music acts to listen to. Anyway, this album is just as good as her previous offing...simply superb! Amazing writing skills, too, for someone so young.. and she can play the guitar really well. Now that's what I would call true artistry! I can really relate to her songs, too, but I hope that as she grows older she'll have more to write about than getting cheated on :P

0 comments: