Jason Mraz (We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things). This one's very consistent with Jason's past offerings. Very easy-listening with a slight touch of reggae. I always get the feeling of being on a tropical island and basking in the sunshine whenever I listen to his music. Quite funny and silly lyrics, yet which have a positive vibe to them. Coolness!

Jesse McCartney (Departure). I've been listening to this album for a year now, and even after a year, it's still spawning hits and getting a lot of air play on the radio and music video channels. Jesse's music is very pop, but what I like about him is he tries to sound different with each album. The first (Beautiful Soul) was very generically pop and sounded very much like the kid he was back then. The next (Right Where You Want Me) still sounded very pop but had a lot of jazzy feel to it. This latest offing is more dance and upbeat with a sexy vibe. Jesse trying to be more mature? Well, I wouldn't commend the lyrics, but definitely a good listen if you want something to get you going.

Jon Mclaughlin (OK Now). This is the second album I have of him. I guess my dad really likes his music. I hear his songs on Internet radio, but he's unheard of here in the Philippines. Well, his music is a lot like those of John Mayer and James Morison --- easy listening, sorta acoustic. This makes for good listening if you want something relaxing that won't make you doze off.

Jonas Brothers (A Little Bit Longer). Okay, this one's a download. Even forgot all about it till I saw it on my ipod. Anyway, not a big fan of theirs but I keep listening to them just to get in with the hype, and they're not that bad. They are, to me, like the bubblegum pop of rock. No substance in the lyrics, but this one's a good listen if you want to listen to pretty good music that you don't need to digest.

Kelly Clarkson (All I Ever Wanted). This is very reminiscent of Kelly's Breakaway album in terms of quality. I instantly loved this one. I'm glad she's back with a great album after her not-so-great My December album. I'm not sure how successful that one was, but it was definitely a flop in my book. I think I've had that album for two years now, but I still haven't given it a good listen just because it didn't interest me enough. Well, she's making a strong comeback this time, and she's looking better, too!

0 comments: