• They have a new way of determining the Top 12 in American Idol 8. In each of the three middle rounds, they picked the male with the highest number of votes, the female with the highest number of votes, and the contestant with the next highest number of votes. Well, I think this did a great job of coming up with really good contestants for the Top 12. I just can't help thinking -- if this were the system last season, would David Cook even have made it to the Top 12? I didn't think he was among the early favorites. He certainly wasn't mine. Although he eventually became my most favorite, David Cook's genius became apparent and he gained popularity only after a few weeks, I would think. David Archuleta would definitely have made it. He was one of the early favorites and mine, too. I just can't help thinking, what if the deserving winner was among those not selected in the middle rounds?
  • Why does Randy call the male contestants "baby" and the female contestants "man?" Hmmm...
  • In the Top 13 show, I think they should have put Danny and Adam as the first and last to perform. But I guess they can't be putting these two to to begin and end the shows all the time, can they?
  • I really think they're all good, but if I were to have my top five favorites, they would be :

Adam Lambert. Need I say why? =) I TOTALLY LOVE this guy! I think that no one in this batch can sing and perform like he does. Looking forward to all his performances!

Danny Gokey. Very likable and cute. Seems like a really good guy. Plus a very talented singer, too! If Adam weren't around, he'd definitely be my top pick!

Allison Iraheta. Wow! A fab voice for someone so young! And she's a rock chick.. cool! =)

Matt Giraud. Very bluesy guy. Kinda different from the rest. Sings well, too. Kinda like Elliot Yamin except he plays the piano and is cuter! =)

Alexis Grace. I think she has a really good voice and is pretty :) Was very impressed with her performance during the middle rounds.

0 comments: