I've been getting calls from banks and insurance agents trying to sell me insurance. However, this is something I've never bought into...at least not yet. What with all the fiascoes going on with insurance companies lately and the many people who are unable to make claims, I feel quite skeptical about getting an insurance.

Though I'm no way an expert when it comes to financial matters, I feel that it's more practical to just save up in the bank, 'cause then I'll be more assured that I can get my money when I need it, and I can always check how it's going whereas I become sort of blinded as to how my money's being used if I let others handle it. Besides, if I invest my money in insurance then I have to wait a certain amount of time before I start reaping the benefits. And really, I can make the most of it only if something unfortunate happens to me. Kinda ironic, don't you think? I mean, why wait ten or twenty years to enjoy your money when you can enjoy it now?

Also, were I to invest my money, then I'll probably earn more by investing in a business or some property where I can get the ROI much sooner... and more importantly, while I'm still alive and healthy to enjoy it... Speaking of which, I really need to work at selling my condo unit soon. Somehow, I don't feel the urgency to do that yet, but I know it's what I should do...

Well, I may be wrong in not getting insured. I guess I'm quite complacent now 'cause I'm single, and I have insurance from my job anyway. What if I lose my job? Hmm... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there :P

===============================
Random Thoughts:

I just learned that in Holland, churches get closed down and turned into malls or supermarkets or something like that. I can not imagine that ever happening here.

Well, apparently, church members there have to pay church taxes or something to sustain the church. However, a friend told me that Christians are no longer the majority of the population there but non-believers; hence, the number of church members decrease. What a shame...

I just thought that if church goers had to pay church taxes or some obligatory fee here in the Philippines, then it might not be so impossible for churches to close down, too. Not because people stop believing, but probably because not everyone would have the resources to pay in order to hear mass...

--------------------------

In Holland, holy week is referred to as silent week. Hmm, we're not alone in the observance of this Lenten week after all =)

0 comments: