I always had the notion or ideal that families should stay together -- as in physically stay together, but now I think that families can still stay together even when they're physically thousands of miles apart.

My dad just got home from the States for his now yearly visit. We're happy to have him home, of course, but as my brother and I were saying it was like our dad hadn't been away for a year. I was just talking to him over Yahoo! Messenger as he was packing his bags on the day before his arrival here.Check Spelling

My only worry right now is he's asking me to download OPM songs, but don't really know a lot. It was good last year because Cammie was still around, and I asked her to list down songs, which I downloaded.

Besides, my dad's looking for Tagalog songs. What I find most disappointing in Filipino music (why I hardly listen to it) is the lack of originality. Most local singers sing in English. Worse, most of them sing remakes of English songs -- and not just old local English songs but mostly they're remakes of foreign songs. Geez, are they too lazy to create material of their own? And as if artists stop at one album that has nothing but remakes. It seems some artists come up with album after album of nothing but remakes. What a shame for such great talent!

As a listener, I'd want something fresh and new and not something I've already heard thousands of times before, and also sung in pretty much the same way!

Anyway, going back to the family thing, which is really the subject of this blog, I just felt that we are still very much a family despite all the distance, and it gave me the quiet reassurance that even if time takes us to different places and that even if my dream of us staying in just one place or even in just one house doesn't materialize, I know that nothing will break the bond we have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My suggestions:
David Idol --> Tagalized hits
Ang Gagong Rapper --> Classic hits with a hiphop twist

Reina said...

Haha!

Unfortunately, my dad doesn't listen to rap -- foreign or local. Some more suggestions please -- more in the pop or rock genre?

And not Tagalized versions of David Cook's songs. He's already got a copy of his album. Maiinis lang yun!

And where can I download? Limewire seems to be malfunctioning. Sometimes it returns results; oftentimes, it doesn't.

Job said...

In my experience, Limewire results can vary depending on your ISP and... mga virus sa computer mo. Specific songs are easier to find. Dami dyan mga pinoy forum na merong rapidshare or whatever links.